“Because there’s no chance of shutting out the world while you’re busy, the decision to stay focused at work is in your hands. It’s about finding the right techniques, knowing your priorities, and sticking to them.”
The complete list from the link above is a great one, featuring many techniques I use daily. My personal favorites:
- Get your work station organized – A must. Work station chaos drives me insane.
- Make a daily “to-do” list and keep it nearby – You can’t stay focused on work if you don’t know what you have to do. Write down what you have to do, use an app, anything.
- Put on the headphones – Block out all other noise with music, a podcast, radio, ect. It works.
- Let others know of your strict personal policies – Set boundaries and don’t hesitate to let others know what they are. Your focus and productivity will increase.
- Always find what you do inspiring and fun – Once boredom invades your brain, your focus quickly retreats.
What techniques help you stay focused at work? Share them in the comments below.
Shop at Amazon.com and support Digital Deconstruction