Americans are chubby, vain, materialistic, thieves
The National Retail Federation has released the list of the most shoplifted items in the U.S. last year and it’s a sad representation of Americans. We like to party, we’re materialistic, we’re vain, and we’re chubby.
Times are tough and some people do whatever it takes to get by, making the temptation to steal irresistible to some. Items like pregnancy tests, lotions and cream, diet pills and more all make the list of the most commonly stolen items in 2012.
Here are the most stolen items, broken down by their major categories:
- Grocery- Cigarettes, energy drinks, expensive liquor and baby formula.
- Pharmacy- Allergy medicine, diabetic testing strips, pain relievers, and weight loss pills.
- Health and Beauty- Electric toothbrushes, lotions and creams, and pregnancy tests.
- Clothing- Designer jeans and handbags.
- Electronics- Cell phones, digital cameras, GPS devices, laptops, TVs.
- Home- Expensive vacuum cleaners, KitchenAid mixers
Lotions and creams huh? And can someone explain how one would steal a vacuum?