Your little brother will give you a stroke
The effect, detailed this month in the journal Economics and Human Biology, is only correlational and so the scientists can’t say whether one causes the other. But they do offer a mechanism, suggesting that in this region, a younger sibling — particularly a younger brother — takes parental attention from older children while burdening the older kids with extra responsibility.
“If there are more siblings in the family, the parents’ resources are limited. The older brother will see the younger brother as a competitor and it will kind of stress them out,” Zeng said.
Little brothers are a stressor, not because they are competitors, but because keeping them out of trouble is a constant worry.
- Listen: Lorde and Son Lux’s Vicious Version of a Lanterns Track
- Facebook Secrets
- Why a Full Moon is Better in Winter
- Smashing an Alarm Clock With a Sledgehammer in Super Slow Motion to Honor Daylight Saving Time
- Stun Gun Drone Tases an Intern
- How to Make a Paper Plane Fly Forever
- Watch Hundreds of Hammerhead Sharks Swarm Around Diver
- Epic Cover of Nirvana’s Heart-Shaped Box by Kawehi