Your little brother will give you a stroke
The effect, detailed this month in the journal Economics and Human Biology, is only correlational and so the scientists can’t say whether one causes the other. But they do offer a mechanism, suggesting that in this region, a younger sibling — particularly a younger brother — takes parental attention from older children while burdening the older kids with extra responsibility.
“If there are more siblings in the family, the parents’ resources are limited. The older brother will see the younger brother as a competitor and it will kind of stress them out,” Zeng said.
Little brothers are a stressor, not because they are competitors, but because keeping them out of trouble is a constant worry.
- Lost Johnny Cash Album, ‘Out Among The Stars,’ Coming in March
- Incredibly Clever Holiday Treat Hacks
- The Real “Most Interesting Man in the World”
- This Video Will Make You Rethink Eating Frozen Pizza Ever Again
- New Coldest Temperature Ever Recorded on Earth
- Skate to the Face Leaves Hockey Player With Horrific Injury
- What Happens When You Re-Upload a Video to YouTube 1,000 Times
- Voodoo Curse Sends Man Scrambling to File Police Report