Too Much Complaining Will Make You Dumb
Exposure to nonstop negativity actually impairs brain function.
Listening to too much complaining is bad for your brain in multiple ways, according to Trevor Blake, a serial entrepreneur and author of Three Simple Steps: A Map to Success in Business and Life.
“The brain works more like a muscle than we thought,” Blake says. “So if you’re pinned in a corner for too long listening to someone being negative, you’re more likely to behave that way as well.”
Even worse, being exposed to too much complaining can actually make you dumb. Research shows that exposure to 30 minutes or more of negativity–including viewing such material on TV–actually peels away neurons in the brain’s hippocampus. “That’s the part of your brain you need for problem solving,” he says. “Basically, it turns your brain to mush.”
Good advice, but the book seems long, I don’t have time to read, and it got words, not to mention there’s a whole list of things I’d like to get off my chest. Got a minute?
- A Shirt Every Father With a Daughter Must Have
- Sad Dog Diary
- Watch the FIrst Full Trailer for Anchorman 2
- This is Definitely Not the Way to End a Father-Son Argument
- Periodic Table of Muppets
- Attorney Provides Legendary Response to Cease and Desist Letter
- Microwaving Water for Tea is Stupid
- These Dogs Must Really Hate Their Owners